Tuesday 11 August 2015

Cards for Kids

Jungle Animals Gatefold Card
 Step 1: Open Right Side Panel

 Step 2: Open Left Side Panel

(I couldn't resist forming the complete back panel too!)

A Closer Look:
 

 

I used mainly two papers to construct this gatefold card: Into the Wild & Jungle Friends. I fussy cut around the animals and then used the remaining paper to create the background scenes. Both inside flaps were made with a 6" sheet from the Little Animals pad. I used foam mounting tape to raise the elephant & monkey's head on the front of the card, as well as, some jungle leaves and the bird. On the inside of the card, I cut around the lower portion of the elephant's ear and carefully inserted a bit of foam tape to lift it give it more dimension. The elephant and sun overhang the edge of the card. To make the animals a bit friendlier, I added pink cheeks to them using chalk. Finally, I added some additional leaves made with a small paper punch to bring a unifying cohesive element to all the scenes.

Supplies: Jungle Animals Gatefold Card
Little Animals 6" paper pad (Paper House), Into the Wild & Jungle Friends 12" scrapbook paper (Paper House), chalk (Inkadinkado), Little Man 8" paper pad (Paper House), Inkssentials Glossy Accents (Ranger), leaf paper punch, chipboard number

No comments: